District 33N Eyemobile
The Eye Mobile performs free, noninvasive community-based screening for hypertension, vision loss, eye disease, and hearing loss. There are seven stations which includes:
(1) An automatic blood pressure monitor with O2 and pulse readings.
(2) A visual acuity tester, similar to that used by the DMV, presenting the "Illiterate E" test which is suitable even for young children. For accurate measurements, persons should be wearing their distance eye-glasses or contact lenses (if they have any).
(3) A test of depth perception to detect children with lazy eye.
(4) A color vision test to detect red/green color blindness in male children.
(5) A "puff" Tonometer to measure eye pressure. An elevated pressure is a risk factor for glaucoma.
(6) A camera to detect cataracts and retinal pathology, such as macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, and glaucoma. This test does not require eye drops.
(7) A hearing booth to measure hearing sensitivity.